comments featured

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY TO ME + A Personal Letter to Myself !!!!!!

Thursday, September 03, 2015Omobaswagz H

 

I can’t believe the day is here, today is my 30th birthday! What better way to celebrate than with my loved ones, Did you Miss out on my previous letters? Please Click HERE and HERE

People say it’s a milestone in life. Takes deep breath, so somehow, I am still collecting my thoughts on how I feel, perhaps I’m still processing it all – I swear it was only yesterday that I was just a teenager and now im 30 years old, People say it’s a milestone in life.

 

I’m excited for this new chapter in my life, but would be lying if I didn’t acknowledge my tinge of sadness… I almost feel like it’s only now I’m leaving my childhood behind (umm yes, most people cross that bridge at 21).


The question I ask myself is how do i feel about turning 30?  Well, to be honest, meh, it's just a number.  i think age is more about how you feel, act & how active you are & i plan to make this year a good one.  I'm really excited for what this next year will bring.  like, really excited.  30 will be good.


My 20th birthday feels like so long ago. A lifetime ago, really. I can remember it very well (or some of it, anyway. Let's just say thank goodness there was no Facebook, Twitter or Snapchat back then!) I have the fondest memories of my 20th birthday and my 21st and that time in my life. And I have the greatest appreciation for how much life has changed since then. My 30th birthday is going to look very, very different, but in the best way.


It’s amazing to me the amount of change and growth that happens between 20 and 30. It’s amazing how much I’ve evolved, how much I’ve learn about myself, and how much we go through. I felt so grownup at 20, being in the university and looking after myself, you know. Looking back, I  was just young and adventurous I’d say.

Let me start by giving a shout out to my forever best friend and sweetheart in the person of Agbeke, thank you so much for standing by me and making sure i stay strong. Also i want to thank you for the cake and surprises. You never cease to amaze me. I Love You!!!

How can i forget my DCC Protocol family, you guys #Rock!!!! I love you all and i pray God gives me the strength to continue to be a good leader and mentor to everyone of you. Its was fun hanging out with you guys and spending such an awesome time in God's presence.

The #ATeam at MTV Base!!!!!
 

To the #ATeam at MTV Base you guys are the Best!!!! Thank you for giving me a platform to showcase and improve myself. Your continuous belief in me, makes me know that i can handle any difficult situation i find my self in and i thank you for the cake, the love and care you all have shown towards me.

My people reflection is a powerful thing, cuz it helps us grow, learn and push forward. So i'll be sharing a few thoughts on what my 20's taught me. Just a few...

*I am a work in progress. GOD is not finished with me yet.

*My university days in 2Tec really were some of the best years of my life. But I would never go back.

*Relationships is all about sacrifice
and love really is a verb.

* No more Mid night calls
*Worship music is nourishment for the soul.

*God knows me and my needs so much better than I know myself.
I want to spend quality time with those who mean the most to me, enjoy precious moments, create life-long memories and have fun adventures together. I look forward to a family of my own, right now I’d say three kids. 

i cannot end this without saying Happy Wedding Annivesary to my Spiritual Father and Pastor Kingsley & Milddred Okonkwo. 


Also to my precious Mother, i wanna say God bless you ma, Iya Rere for raising me in the way of the Lord.

As I say au revoir to my twenties and bonjour to my thirties, I feel comfortable and I  must admit, I enjoy the ability to now confidently speak my mind, share my beliefs and express my feelings, thoughts and opinions. This is thanks to the guidance, mentoring and nurturing from my incredible parents, I owe them so very much.

Today I’ll be toasting to an amazing 30 years and embarking on a magnificent new adventure… I look forward to sharing the years ahead with you here and sincerely thank you for being part of my world.

Here are some of all your comments today on social media:






A photo posted by Olayinka Coker (@iyaolive) on
A photo posted by Arem Hew Couture[] (@bespoketailors) on


A photo posted by Adekoya Adetola (@omobaswagz) on


A photo posted by Etiobhio ose (@magnumarts) on

A photo posted by Etiobhio ose (@magnumarts) on
A photo posted by Adekoya Adetola (@omobaswagz) on
A photo posted by Okoeguale Ehizojie (@specialslimz) on
Thank you guys for taking time out of very busy schedule to read this piece i love you all and i must say without you all i'm nothing. 

God bless you for the gifts, surprises and prayer. Thank you and God bless!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30893932@N02/

Contact Form